Are you a Project Manager experienced in the development or delivery of renewable energy, infrastructure or energy networks projects?
Are you seeking professional development and diverse experience to progress your career into more senior project management and leadership roles within the energy industry?
If so, SSE would be interested in hearing from you for the position of Project Assurance Manager to help support its assurance programme for the delivery of a multibillion pound portfolio of large capital projects ranging from UK and International renewable energy projects, first of its kind technologies in floating wind, hydrogen, cardon capture to nationally important network infrastructure.
SSE has an ambitious strategy to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Our success hinges on the delivery of world leading renewables, networks, thermal and solar & battery storage projects across our low-carbon portfolio. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion over the next 5 years, the provision of effective assurance and governance over these Large Capital Projects (LCP) is more critical than ever. Our LCP Services team had a pivotal role in conducting assurance reviews in advance of key decision phases of a project, programme or portfolio to ensure SSE’s interests are protected, and the projects are set up for success.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK
Salary: Competitive Salary + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
About the Department
Large Capital Project Services (LCPS) is responsible for providing the Group Executive Committee and SSE's Business Unit Executive Committees with independent assurance services to help inform investment decisions and manage the performance of Large Capital Projects (Networks, Renewables, Thermal & Distributed Energy Business Units) throughout their lifecycle to realise the benefits within the Project Business Case and the wider strategic Business objectives.
What is the Role?
To protect SSE’s interests on Large Capital Projects (LCP) and Programmes, SSE has a process for conducting Project Assurance Reviews in advance of key decision points or during key Phases of a Project, Programme or Portfolio.
This role will support LCPS deliver its increasingly demanding assurance programme through leading assurance interventions on LCPs based on their depth of experience and specialist skills. In addition, the role will support the Business in providing knowledge in aspects of Large Capital Project development and delivery or other significant Business areas as required.
In this role the main responsibilities will be;
- Lead Project Assurance Reviews of Pathway 1 and Pathway 2 projects to accurately report the status of projects and their readiness to seek approvals in accordance with the Large Capital Projects Governance Framework.
- Support Project Assurance Reviews of high complexity and high CapEx Pathway 3 projects and their readiness to seek approvals.
- Review and update the Large Capital Projects Governance Framework and its associated documentation to ensure it aligns with industry best practice and remains relevant to SSE Group requirements.
- Monitor Project Team performance addressing recommendations arising from Project Assurance Reviews and support the Business Units through identifying key trends to support the adoption of lessons learned and best practice.
- Deliver Large Capital Projects Governance Framework induction workshops to support its consistent application by Project Teams across the SSE Group. You will closely with the Business Units to coordinate the timely completion of Project Assurance Reviews including adherence to the applicable governance and assurance requirements.
What do we need from you?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Knowledge and experience of developing or delivering capital projects in a renewable energy, infrastructure, or energy networks projects.
- Experience and a strong track record in at least one key Project skillset, such as: Development, Project Management, Engineering, or Commercial Management.
- You must be professional, flexible and capable of quickly understanding business processes and able to identify their strengths and weaknesses as well as having an understanding of key financial metrics and project economic modelling.
- You must be confident, assured and able to demonstrate project leadership and gravitas as an accomplished project manager and/or equivalent professional skillset.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, able to communicate effectively and work efficiently and effectively to achieve tight deadlines while maintaining the required discipline to produce a high-quality output. You must be a real team player and able to work flexibly to support wider business objectives and improvement activities as required.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and we will be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee.Anderson@sse.com or 01738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.