About the Role
Base Location: Keadby, North Lincolnshire.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to undertake the duties of Production Process Performance Engineer on the Keadby Power sites.
The role holder will be part of a production team reporting directly into the Production Manager with responsibility for the technical, & supervisory management of both Keadby’s production departments personnel and process performance.
This will include but not limited to:
- Co-ordinating & managing continuous improvement in production process and plant efficiency/ performance,
- Monitoring and auditing production performance standards and KPI adherence,
- Investigating, reporting, and implementing production plant/ process modifications,
- Overseeing aspects of operator competence and task managing the power plant simulators,
- Applying SSE’s System Safety Rules at the highest level and enacting the role of site Authorisation Officer,
- Ensuring that Safety, Health & Environmental aspects of Keadby production are given equal priority to business objectives,
- Exhibiting a high level of flexibility & commitment to ensure that individual & departmental targets / objectives are met,
- Delivering other associated work, where the work is within the capability & competence of the successful candidate.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we'd love you to have:
- A minimum of a HNC in an applicable subject with experience working in a process industry.
- Be able to effectively communicate, influence and manage the expectations of a range of internal and external stakeholders, at times formally presenting technical information that is easily understood by a wide-ranging audience.
- A high level of flexibility & commitment to ensure that individual & departmental targets / objectives are met.
About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the lights on across the UK and Ireland and we’re rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We’re developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world’s first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We’ve already achieved a lot – but we’re just getting started. As part of SSE, which is investing £24bn this decade, we’re at the forefront of the energy transition – so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.