Base Location: Reading
Working Pattern: 15 months, Fixed Term Contract | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible Working options available
What is the Role?
As Product Service Designer, you will be responsible for evolving our product development framework, developing business requirements, analysing data and designing end-to-end journeys for our products as we transform our business. Working across product, projects, transformation, operations, sales, commercial and delivery colleagues from across the business you will support the evolution of the experience around our current and future products. You will ideally have a background in business analysis, service design and data manipulation.
Key Accountabilities and Decision ownership:
- Manage the analysis and insight creation of our existing data and future requirements
- Define the service experience for our future Configure, Price and Quote (CPQ) capability and how our products are experienced through it to our internal and external customers
- Develop and utilise deep working relationships with Project Managers, Product Managers and Subject Matter Experts across the business and our transformation programme to understand and influence our taxonomies, portfolio and product strategy, transformation paths and commercial direction
- Accountability for the delivery of the end results of the tasks you perform
- Understand dependencies across project and review impacts to changes across the portfolio
Job specific deliverables in line with Key Accountabilities and Decision ownership
- Manage the creation, validation and maturing of business requirements as they relate to our evolution of our Configure, Price and Quote (CPQ) capability.
- Lead the extraction, analysis, insight and recommendation on existing and future product data and how it relates to the experience we want to deliver for our customers.
- Analyse and produce high level service design models for the introduction of new product developments within our evolving OSS/BSS technology stack
- Create supporting documentation and content to support the service introduction of future product developments.
What do I need?
- Be a confident communicator with strong influencing, negotiation and problem-solving skills who is able to listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders, interpret their requirements and manage stakeholder expectations in a proactive way.
- Digital perspective and economy experience to influence the thinking and adoption of digitised business enablement.
- Experienced in leadership and guidance from concept to delivery, with the ability to make and/or drive decision making based on risk and complexity. Can lead the design and implementation of strategy to ensure business requirements are being met.
- Strategic thinking and aptitude to understand the overall perspective on business issues, events, activities and an understanding of their wider implications and long-term impact. Can focus on outcomes rather than solutions and activities.
- Excellent collaborator who can work within a group, actively networking with others and engaging in debates and ensuring the discussion sticks. Uses initiative to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them.
About our Business
Neos Networks is proud to be one of the premier B2B connectivity partners in the UK. We achieve this through constantly investing in high capacity, highly resilient network connectivity in the spirit of collaboration, partnership and integrity which means we can achieve more, together.
We bring together the unparalleled expertise of dedicated teams with innovation and technical excellence to give enterprises, government organisations and our partners a better network experience that can power the UK's digital future. Our 20,000+ km private network spans the UK providing a range of high capacity Ethernet, optical and dark fibre solutions.
We're looking for ambitious experts to join our friendly team; to develop their career and contribute to our growth. A team that actively looks after the wellbeing of its colleagues, works hard and enjoys celebrating success. Find out more here.
Life at Neos Networks
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our Advantage scheme.
We're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining us.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with us, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?