What is the Role?
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices around the UK.
Salary: £39,400 - £59,000 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Digital Ventures team has a single mission - "to help everyone in the Renewables business to access and use the digital tools and services they need to be able to fly". We do this by driving cultural change towards a Digital first mindset, providing access to advanced data services, and a taking a disruptive approach to innovation. Our entrepreneurial attitude is what sets us apart, and allows us to try, what others may fear to.
Citizen Digital is the branch of Digital Ventures responsible for driving the adoption of new digital tools. As Product Manager, you’ll promote, manage and realise value from digital tools delivered by the Digital Ventures Team with a particular focus on the Bazefield second tier SCADA system that was recently launched.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Championing and managing a new wind fleet analysis system across the whole renewables business to drive adoption and realise value from this digital investment.
- Processing and analysing data within Bazefield, initially SCADA and alarm data, but likely to grow in scope. In particular, onboarding new data streams, writing HTML reports and developing API scripts.
- Training colleagues from across SSER on new digital tools such as Bazefield to increase uptake of these systems and encourage migration from old ways of working.
- Being a point of contact for Users with issues and improvement ideas, along with the coordination of a group of advanced Superusers.
- Regular communication and engagement with supplier to maintain knowledge, highlight issues and ensure continuous improvement of the system.
What do I need?
You must have the technical knowledge to be able to manage a second tier SCADA system for an extensive operational wind fleet while at the same time have the passion, enthusiasm and creativity for showcasing and promoting new digital tools across a large organisation.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- Keen interest in the collection, analysis and visualisation of operational data (preferably wind domain).
- STEM degree along with demonstrable experience applying data analysis or data engineering in an industrial domain. Ability in python and HTML are desirable to enable advanced configuration and integration of the Bazefield system.
- Product management experience from any domain is needed to introduce good practice around product adoption, change enablement, user communities, incident management and continuous improvement.
- Excellent people and communication skills, with the ability to balance technical skillset whilst engage with many diverse teams and groups across a large organisation.
- Responsible and organised to own a critical product on behalf of the business.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.