SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Flexible Scotland: Perth / Inverness / Glasgow / Aberdeen (with travel to Site when necessary)
Salary: Competitive salary range depending upon experience + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE's core purpose is to provide the energy people need in a reliable and sustainable way. Our strategy is to deliver sustained growth in the dividend payable to shareholders through the efficient operation of, and investment in, a balanced range of regulated and non-regulated businesses.
Our Procurement and Commercial team are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What is the Role?
Exciting opportunities have arisen for commercial / contract management professionals of all levels of experience, to join our Procurement and Commercial team to support the Networks Transmission business SSEN Transmission, which has secured an extensive capital development programme over the next ten year period to increase the network regulatory asset value to an estimated £12bn. The roles are required to support the growth of our countries' electricity transmission network and the transition to Net Zero through connection of renewable energy sources.
Roles: Contract Manager/Snr Contract Manager/P&C Manager/Snr P&C Manager
Working within a Project Team this will involve:
- You will also support the Director of Procurement and the teams providing a world class procurement and commercial service to internal customers, ensuring all aspects of delivery are following internal controls as established through the Large Capital Projects Governance and Commercial Manuals.
- Support and lead on procurement activities such as the development of Project procurement strategies, managing the procurement process, negotiation of contract terms and conditions and price through to contract award whilst ensuring compliance with the Utilities Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2016.
- Cost estimating to the required standard and accuracy. Ensure all relevant evidence is included within the estimate to justify to internal and external stakeholders such as Ofgem.
- Cost and budget management via regular cost reporting and ensuring change management procedures are adhered to.
- Provide robust post contract commercial management services which will support the project goals and objectives including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensuring that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
- Supporting the regulatory process by achieving successful outcomes. This will require an understanding of re-openers such as Large Onshore Transmission Investments re-opener (LOTI re-opener) process via Ofgem which provides electricity Transmission Owners (TOs) with a route to apply for funding for large investments in the network.
What do I need?
- We are looking for a candidate who has working knowledge of the relevant conditions of contract which include NEC or FIDIC.
- Understands the financial aspects and implications of projects along with awareness of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
- Can demonstrate experience and competency on all cost management issues including cost reporting, forecasting, accrual management and supply chain payment.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions and detailed knowledge of procurement and commercial policies and procedures.
- Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data & experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts with and understanding of the supply chain and how to improve it.
- Professional qualifications – MRICS desirable.
- Quantity Surveying degree or equivalent.
- Extensive experience of managing contracts on construction projects or programmes of work of £5-30M.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on email@example.com / 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.