SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Havant or Glasgow
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
An exciting opportunity to join the team at the heart of SSE's transformation to agility and a leading digital business. You will get the opportunity to own and drive solutions for strategically significant impediments in SSE and be exposed to a diverse range of teams and leaders. We are looking for problem solvers with the right mindset on delivering value, and we can provide you with the opportunity to receive comprehensive training in lean techniques.
- Have the opportunity to shape the business for the future, working with senior leaders on strategically important business challenges.
- Bring and implement innovative ideas and opportunities to supercharge agility in IT.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve performance and processes within SSE IT and the teams they work with.
- Use lean and six sigma tools to analyse and solve impediments slowing agility within IT.
- Be a champion and ambassador for Continuous Improvement within IT, both through your own ongoing learning and coaching/ role modelling.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A problem solving mindset, focused on delivering value and practical experience of continuous improvement of performance and/or process.
- Strong communication skills to influence others, bring people on a journey and foster collaboration between people and teams.
- Good understanding of operations within the Energy or IT industry and able to look for innovative solutions.
- Proven team player, able to work across disciplines and with colleagues ensuring collective accountability and individual responsibility for task ownership is clear and objectives are delivered.
- Analytical skills and using data to drive decision making around driving improvement.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.