About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Edinburgh, Inverness or Aberdeen
Salary: £57,336 - £69,982 + a range of benefits to support you and your family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
1. Lead the PMO Service for two large Programmes supporting Digital Transformation & Cyber Resilience in SSEN Transmission
2. Develop the maturity of the current PMO service offering through a planned cycle of continuous improvement
3. Manage the relationship & day to day service provision of our PMO service partner
4. Provide line management and staff development to PMO team members
5. Provide insight to programme performance and opportunities for improvement to the Business Portfolio Manager, CIO & respective Programme Managers
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Proven track record of leading a PMO within a corporate environment for large digitalisation and / or cyber resilience programmes.
2. Experience of leading a PMO service staffed by an internal team and experience of leading a PMO service through provision of a managed service from a service partner.
3. Experience of SSE wide and SSE IT processes including safety, resourcing, financial management, status reporting and risk management is advantageous but not essential.
4. Experience of staff development and performance management ranging from trainees through to experienced professionals, including setting and monitoring objectives.
5. Experience of leading a PMO for an organisation transitioning from Waterfall to Agile project delivery methodologies.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275 846.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?