Base Location: Ideally based in Southeast England, however flexible across our UK regions
Salary: Competitive + company car/cash allowance, performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What is the Role?
This role sits within and shall add value to the SSE Smart Buildings Business Unit.
To drive success in the delivering smart lighting systems such to compliment and enhance our smart building capabilities, share and profitability and provide great outcomes for customers.
- Reporting to the Business Unit Technical Director, the Smart Lighting Portfolio Manager (SLPM) will target market verticals, customers and prospective partnerships, as agreed in advance with the Sales Director Team, and will carry category sales growth target, delivered through others within the SSE branch network
- Within this structure, the SLPM is responsible for introducing the overall technical and commercial sales vision for Smart Lighting Systems. Driving demand as well as facilitating the design, specification and management the solution portfolio with a specific vision towards digital / IoT value propositions
- As such the SLPM shall operate with a strategic view of the roadmap for new applications, product, propositions and partners, in order to influence specifications and help drive the overall digital transformation of the Business Unit
Key elements of the your role include, but not limited to:-
- Act as trusted adviser for both internal and external stakeholders around smart lighting systems and value
- Build market presence, generate and qualify leads in line with the national business plan. Coach, encourage and team up with colleagues, including adding direct value to strategic account / client development plans
- Analyse the technology environment and trigger new technology developments / value propositions based on relevant Market/Technology trends
- Evaluate the feasibility of and generate winning business proposals from system perspective
- Collaborate extensively with corresponding Product (System) managers and technology partners
What do I need?
To be considered for the role, we’d love you to have:
- A clear passion for and specific knowledge of smart lighting systems and their place in the commercial & public built environment and its connection to the smart building
- An open minded and consultative approach with a thorough understanding of how to convert highly technical contexts into innovative and clear value propositions for consumption of non-subject matter stakeholders
- A deep understanding of smart lighting systems for Smart Buildings and capabilities to create, apply and drive business value
- Capability to manage multiple stakeholders and demands, whilst remaining on track
You’ll also be comfortable with generating and presenting winning business cases to a varied audience that gives a positive contribution & difference to our business based on previous, demonstrable examples from your past experience.
About our Business
SSE Energy Solutions - Smart Buildings design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise building control systems and are part of SSE’s Distributed Energy division developing solutions for smart places – cities, campuses and buildings.
Our business helps achieve optimised working environments leading to reductions in buildings’ energy consumption through the installation and maintenance of a variety of building control technologies, including Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS), and the application of data analytics to provide building performance insights.
Our Smart Buildings business makes some of the most iconic buildings come alive!
Life at SSE
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
To discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?