Base Location: Swindon, Reading or Portsmouth
Salary: £41,307 - £54,556 + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Portfolio Management is part of Scottish and Southern Electricity Network's Asset Management directorate. The Portfolio Management team act as custodian of the 132kV, 33kV, 11kV and LV Primary and distribution network and is responsible for planning, technical development and overseeing investment in SSEN's distribution networks in the South of England.
The team's responsibilities include investment management of the network to (meet growth in renewable generation and new demand and) identifying project solutions to improve the health and performance of the network. In the Portfolio Planning and Investment Engineer role, you will:
- help identify and manage the CAPEX investment programme, ensuring our electricity network remains fully compliant with the technical and regulatory requirements of our licence
- ensure that available funding is spent efficiently and effectively on secondary Voltage investments
- contribute to the planning and development of the distribution networks in line with the company's licence obligations and objectives set by the industry regulator in the Price Control Reviews
- gain experience of working with other industry bodies, such as the industry regulator OFGEM, the UK Transmission Operator National Grid, and Renewable Developers
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we're looking for you to have:
- a minimum of HNC level in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience) with a background working on DNO Primary and/or Distribution networks
- strong communication, leadership and organisational skills and have good judgement in decision making under pressure
- good analytical skills with the ability to solve problems on a logical basis and then communicate proposals and associated reasoning
- a good understanding of MS Office, and it is desirable that you have previous experience in using SINCAL / PSSE and Enmac (Power On) or similar systems
- the ability to work well with external customers and consultants, and with other internal departments
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on email@example.com or 01738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?