Base Location: We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. Ideally based from Glasgow or Reading with occasional travel to other SSE sites
Salary: Competitive + company car/cash allowance, performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
We're proud to be a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
What is the Role?
We’re seeking an experienced infrastructure Project Planner to join our expanding business at SSE. This is an exciting time to join our Distribute Energy team as we progress a wide range of new and innovative infrastructure solutions across the UK and Ireland.
The core purpose of the role is driving the set up, coordination and management of project plans with a focus on cost, resource, milestones and deliverables.
The projects involved will vary in size and complexity with multidisciplinary scope across a number of our sectors (for example: EV, Battery, Solar, Electrical and Heat Networks).
We’re keen to hear from candidates with relevant experience who can perform immediately in role, however we’d also consider individuals with less planning experience who can demonstrate an aptitude and appetite to grow into the role.
The support you provide may involve the planning the development of a small number of large scale, complex projects and /or a larger number of small projects across a range energy infrastructure solutions.
The role also requires the flexibility to support the development and operational delivery of the wider PMO /Business Planning services. This will include the development of planning standards, process, governance and reporting needed to set projects up for success as our business grows at pace.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining a range of individual and complex work packages, project plans, and master plans in Primavera P6. This will include planning the full programme/project lifecycle (development through to construction and commissioning), dependency management, ensuring alignment with PMO standards and processes and ongoing critical path analysis
- Maintaining a clear view of the project baseline and tracking the milestones, resource, cost loading and spend profiling including coordinating inputs and plan updates across multi-disciplinary teams
- Actively driving the development of plans, including close working with project teams, and interacting with the wider SSE teams, sub-contractors and external partners or clients to ensure plans are coherent and up to date
- Actively supporting project collaborative planning and recovery planning exercises
- Developing, amending and maintaining resource utilisation and cost loaded plans, including forecasting
- Support the quantification of risk and issue impacts on project schedules, agreeing mitigating actions, and tracking progress and delivery of those actions.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Planning experience in the infrastructure and/or major projects sector (electricity, water, oil/gas, highways, major buildings etc.) is essential for this role (development and/or construction)
- Demonstrable experience in planning using Primavera P6, demonstrating competence in working collaboratively to develop plans from conception through to construction and completion
- Experience of large, complex multidisciplinary projects including cost and resource scheduling at scale within commercially diverse teams
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate to various levels up to senior management
- Proactive, forward thinking with the ability to work in an agile and fast paced working environment
About our Business
SSE Energy Solutions is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days),enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
To discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 342298.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?