Base Location: Glasgow or Perth
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available (including up to 50% home working)
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Transmission Business, within the Business Planning and Performance team. Reporting into the Performance Delivery Manager, you will contribute to the development and improvement of PMO services and support the operational delivery of the PMO Services. This will include the detailed development and embedding of best practice, processes, governance, reporting and supporting toolkit.
The duties and responsibilities of the PMO Business Analyst are:
- Lead PMO service delivery for assigned regulatory submissions (including annual regulatory reporting and Investment needs case submission).
- Implementing project management strategies on internal workstreams which will involve tracking and monitoring milestones and preparing update reports for senior management.
- Engage constructively and develop a network of a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external, working closely with technical, financial and engineering specialists to ensure effective communication of information.
- Report writing and presentation of information to communicate findings at a senior level and inform strategic decision making.
- Contributing to the development, definition, improvement and embedding of project management methods, systems, supporting processes, tools and techniques.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An understanding of the electricity industry and the challenges associated with the journey to net-zero, as well as a basic awareness of the licence obligations under which SSEN Transmission operates.
- Qualified to degree level or relevant experience with well-developed communication skills with the ability to present and offer challenge to internal and external audiences on business-critical content.
- Experience developing solutions with Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) as well as solid Microsoft Office experience (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams & SharePoint)
- Project Management skills and experience supporting an internal PMO function would be an advantage for this role. (Project management qualification is desirable)
- An ability to lead meetings and engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business is essential.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.