About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow and Perth
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + Car Allowance + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The core focus of this role is to maximise the public funding available for the SSE networks businesses (Transmission and Distribution) by delivering a strong pipeline of successful funding applications to Ofgem’s Strategic Innovation Fund, and other funding competitions, for ambitious and highly innovative projects that support SSE’s net zero ambitions. The Partnership Funding team is a corporate support service function maximising access to public funding across all SSE business, and so there may also be opportunities in this role to work with other SSE businesses on other exciting funding opportunities.
- You will help identify opportunities for funding to support the networks businesses to achieve their own strategic goals and deliver benefits for consumers.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the funding bids are of a high quality; are clearly articulated; meet all of the competition eligibility requirements; and follow the guidance from the funders.
- You will manage input to the funding application from a multi-disciplinary team, including internal departments across engineering; finance; legal; regulation; assurance; policy and other specialists. You will also help to identify and work with external partners to convene project consortia and ensure that external project partners are engaged and participate in the application process.
- You will be responsible for fully understanding the eligibility requirements of the funding competition (particularly the Strategic Innovation Fund, or other funding opportunities for networks as appropriate) and ensuring that all requirements are met when developing a project application.
- You will manage timelines effectively to ensure that all deadlines are met – this will include maintaining a RACI matrix to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are communicated clearly with the project team and completed in a timely manner. You will also manage risks and escalate issues as required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of pulling together high-quality and successful funding proposals to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of public sector institutions and their aims and goals.
- Multidisciplinary experience within engineering, energy economics, business development, project planning and/or energy policy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reasonable knowledge and understanding of energy network regulatory frameworks and licence obligations.
About our Business
SSE's business strategy places addressing the challenge of climate change at the very core of what we do - that's why we have deliberately decided to link long-term business goals to the UN's global goals for sustainable development. Our Sustainability Teams work across the group and externally with investors, competitors, governments, partners, suppliers and communities providing advice, support and challenge in order to help SSE's businesses success and contribute to this strategy.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee.firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
Please note that interviews are likely to be held in person in Glasgow on the 1st September.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.