We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: Up to £75,000 depending on experience + car scheme/car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As a Project Package Manager you will manage a contract package of work in one of three categories - Wind Turbine Generators, Foundations/Substructures or Electrical Systems for Berwick Bank Wind Farm. The work will begin with scoping the package, assessing existing market information and managing engagement with the supply chain and will then involve steering the package through the tender phase and into the negotiation of final contracts to support a positive Final Investment Decision (FID) for the project. The role will lead a package team including procurement specialists and engineers with the key objectives of obtaining an optimal contractual arrangement in the relevant package that meets the objectives of the contracting strategy for the project and aligns with the consent, grid connection, project delivery strategy, financing strategy and overall business case of the project.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring that the SSE Safety Family licence 'if its not safe, we don't do it' is the guiding principle within the management of safety, health and the environment and integral to each project. Implementing the Berwick Bank SHE charter in conjunction with the project shareholders and the supply chain to provide a simple and effective reference point for the management of health and safety.
- Developing and delivering the relevant contract package for the project, based upon the overall contracting strategy set by the Project Director and the Steering Commitee of the Project. This will include the comprehensive evaluation of options available and consideration of all emerging technology and other value improvement opportunities in order to support the development of a fully optimised business case.
- Acting as the focal point for engagement with supply chain participants who have both direct and indirect interests in bidding for the relevant work package.
- Working with the Project Director to define the governance arrangements for the package based on the SSE Large Capital Project Governance Framework and provide ongoing confidence that the package will support the project in meeting its phase objectives defined within the Project Development Plan and Business Case.
- Defining and managing the budget for the relevant package for each phase of the project.
- Agreeing a resource plan for the package with the Project Director, taking into account the requirement for dedicated and shared resources. The resource plan will be aligned with the overall project programme and Project Development Plan.
What do I need?
We would love you to have:
- Proven project management expertise and understanding of major offshore project package delivery especially contracting strategy and planning, cost, risk, quality and commercial management.
- Substantial knowledge of package management and procurement processes
- Capability to get the best out of package teams and manage key stakeholders to ensure successful package delivery.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence at all levels both inside the package team, the project team and the wider community both inside and outside of SSE Renewables.
- Effective leadership skills with ability to support and promote high performance within a culture of rapid change as the package moves through the development process.
- Ability to adhere, understand and advocate the highest standards of Health and Safety legislation and practices.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andrew.Duncan2@sse.com / 01738 275847.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?