SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: North of Scotland (Inverness Area or Wider Highlands Region)
Salary: £45,592 - £55,653 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Team Leader, you'll play a pivotal part in a team that carries out preventative maintenance on HV and LV assets, responds to faults and provides technical support to the Operations and Service teams.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Performing Senior Authorised Person (SAP) duties up to and including 132kV. Maintenance and fault response on high value / high consequence electrical assets.
- Providing planned and unplanned technical support including technical and safety investigations.
- Monitoring plant health and ensuring appropriate response to emergent issues that have the potential to cause safety and business issues.
- Reviewing, improving and implementing internal maintenance standards.
- Performing elements of contract management from specification/scope writing, technical evaluation of contractor's proposal, through to planning, setting to work and continuous monitoring of safety and performance.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree qualified in an Electrical Engineering function or the ability to demonstrate suitable experience in a similar role.
- You will already be an operational SAP and HV Switcher or be able to demonstrate current progression towards this authorisation.
- Good working knowledge of electrical equipment and systems (protection systems, HV switchgear, electrical generating plant, HV / LV transformers, control systems).
- Have good experience in an operational, maintenance or construction environment, preferably within a High Voltage environment.
- Able to demonstrate experience in managing projects and contractors and have a proven track record of delivery, both personally and through others.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on email@example.com or 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.