About the Role
Base Location: Basingstoke or Reading although any of our SEPD depots in Southern England can be considered
Salary: £36,260 - £44,257 + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12 months fixed term | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
Our Performance Team is responsible for the succession planning, recruitment, management and assessment of learners within our Distribution business. In this role you will:
- deliver an excellent learning journey to all our learners and enable them to grow and gain the skills, knowledge and experience to successfully achieve their apprenticeship qualification
- monitor and support the learners to ensure they have attained and demonstrated the successful completion of their programmes and carry our regular reviews with both the learners and their depot manager
- have the potential to hold line management responsibility and support the Learner Managers with activities such as managing performance
- be able to monitor behaviour, progressing and implementing SSE's disciplinary procedures if required
What do I need?
We're looking for somebody who has a passion to develop our learners to become the next generation of safe, competent and knowledgeable employees. To be considered for this role, we're looking for you to have:
- good management skills, with the ability to develop, implement and deliver projects on time
- excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively at all levels and be able to motivate, not just the learners, but other key stakeholders
- the ability to mentor and coach learners, encouraging them to strive for continual improvements in quality and performance
- very good IT knowledge including Word and Excel
- be able to work well within a team but also to be self-motivated when working on your own
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 342529.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.