Base Location: Central Belt - Stirling/Dunfermline/Kirkcaldy/Falkirk
Salary: circa £29,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
SSE Facilities Management department is looking to recruit a Mobile Maintenance Operative (Plumbing Bias) for Central Scotland to provide a service to the Company's corporate sites in respect of maintenance/service/repairs and installation of a variety of building services. This role will require travel between sites therefore a flexible approach and full driving license is essential.
Key accountabilities include:
- To undertake maintenance repairs, installation or servicing work as detailed by the FM Maintenance Supervisor/FM Maintenance Manager
- Carry out multi skilled activities within the FM remit
- To observe and comply with all SSE work practices and to ensure compliance with the appropriate Health & Safety statutory requirements at all times.
- Carry out site inductions, escort and issue permits for 3rd party contractors attending SSE sites to conduct works.
- Participate in the Company's out of hour's emergency Standby Rota as required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience working in a commercial FM/Maintenance related environment; you must be able to demonstrate multi-trade experience within a similar role
- Qualified to City & Guilds/SVQ Level 3 or equivalent; multi skilled - Plumbing bias
- Ability to support and contribute to M&E and building fabric maintenance.
- A good knowledge of health and safety legislation & requirements.
- Experience working with various plant such as - Air Handling Units, Air Conditioning, Generators, Boilers, Plumbing, Electrical, UPS and Fire alarm systems.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341147
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?