Base Location: Lochgilphead
Salary: £29,290 - £38,365 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The Minor Connections Project Coordinator will facilitate the quick delivery of minor new connections within set regulatory targets
- Providing an excellent service to customers ensuring the smooth delivery of their new connection from beginning to end of the customers journey providing a ten out of ten customer experience.
- Ordering materials and programming labour, jointing, and overhead line resources to facilitate the efficient delivery of new connections within the Time to Connect targets
- Ensuring that final records of projects are completed within set timescales. This will include updating EO cable records, service details, plant information databases, ESQC records and the PROMIS scheduling screen
- Allocation of costs within each project to ensure that targets are achieved and overspends avoided.
- Ensuring works are completed on the programmed date, managing planned supply interruptions to ensure all affected customers receive the statutory notification
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in a project co-ordination role, including financial management
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of High and Low Voltage networks
- Passion for delivering an excellent service for our customers
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- A valid UK driving licence is required to enable travel to sites.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jim Walker - email@example.com or 01738 341514.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?