About the Role
Base Location: Belfast
Salary: From £22,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12-month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available. Hybrid working is available (currently 2-3 days per week in the office)
What is the Role?
At SSE Airtricity our customers and our employees are our priority and we’re currently recruiting for a Meter Inspections Coordinator in our gas business to join our growing team. As a gas supplier we are required to obtain actual meter reads for billing accuracy, and complete gas safety inspections on all of our customers meters. The Meter Inspections team works closely with both customers and the Meter Reading team to facilitate access to properties, focusing on those where access has not been possible for a prolonged period of time.
Our core hours are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:30 – 16:30 on a Friday, so there aren’t any late nights, and we don’t just offer an early finish on a Friday, there’s no weekend work at all!
Our blended model of working at home and in the office, provides our colleagues with the flexibility and support they require to succeed in this role. You’ll be in a vibrant working atmosphere and our modern offices are in a city centre location close to shops, restaurants, and a public transport hub.
In this role you will:
- Use Excel and Power BI to provide data to create management reports and work schedules for both the field-based Meter Reading team and desk-based Meter Inspections team. Ensure all KPIs and meter inspection activity is updated, and insight data analysis is provided on a weekly/monthly/ad-hoc basis.
- Co-ordinate incoming appointment requests via all channels along with the pro-active booking of site visits for the Meter Reading team, making sure the delivery of both regular and ad-hoc customer communications in all formats, including SMS/text, letter, email and telephone calls to reduce risk & bad debt. Ensure compliance across all processes and identify and implement improvements and efficiencies where possible.
- Investigate reasons we are unable to gain access to inspect gas meters and take the necessary action to engage with customers, gas Networks, internal departments and external third parties including landlords, housing associations, estate agents, letting companies, to arrange appointments for our Meter Reading team to visit, or raise disconnection requests where a gas supply is no longer required, to reduce and prevent no access properties.
- Co-ordinate requests, ensuring end to end process compliance, for court warrants to gain access to complete gas safety inspections where all other attempts to achieve access have been exhausted.
- Support the business Revenue Protection function in its compliance with the gas industry Energy Theft Code of Practice through identifying, investigating and preventing energy theft, and raising and responding to queries from gas Network companies and gas customers.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience working in similar customer accounts or consumer environment using MS Office suite, with excellent Excel skills and a working knowledge of Power BI
- The IT skills and ability to work with a range of databases and high volumes of transactional data
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan ahead and have the capability for deciding how to use your time most effectively
- A hands-on flexible approach with the ability to multitask, prioritise and create structure to your workload and work on your own initiative but also be an effective team player
About our Business
SSE Airtricity Gas Supply (NI) is the largest gas supplier operating in Northern Ireland. supplying natural gas to a growing customer base of over 183,000 customers, both commercial and domestic. In addition, SSE Airtricity supplies over 180,000 electricity customers in Northern Ireland.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of FTSE 100, SSE PLC, the wider group is responsible for the development and operation of some of the largest renewable generation assets in UK and Ireland, a portfolio of thermal power stations, strategically important electricity distribution and transmission businesses and successful UK and Ireland energy retail businesses.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?