SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £24 billion in low carbon projects across the UK and Ireland to the end of the decade, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
The Media Relations and Communications Executive will work with colleagues to utilise media relations, stakeholder engagement, public affairs, internal communications, digital communications and uses management skills to deliver first class proactive and reactive communications outputs which support the delivery of SSE's strategic objectives. Working closely with colleagues within a wider communications and corporate affairs team, the role holder will be able to tell stories, identify reputational risks, and opportunities, and create a strategy for handling and resolving them. They should also be able to identify and deliver opportunities to positively influence key stakeholders to achieve sustainable business outcomes.
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: €39,600 – €59,400 dependent on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
- Responsibility for working within a busy press office team as a first point of contact; responding to inbound media queries and identifying proactive media opportunities to protect and enhance SSE Energy Customer Solutions' reputation.
- Developing strong relationships with key media and external stakeholders to enhance and protect the organisation's external reputation.
- Supporting with the development and execution of public affairs and stakeholder engagement campaigns on behalf of the retail supply businesses in GB and Ireland.
- Planning thoughtful and creative proactive communications campaigns in support of SSE Energy Customer Solutions' business objectives.
- Developing content plans; condensing complex information into digestible communications outputs; drafting high quality, engaging content for use across multiple channels including new media.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of working within a busy communications team / press office / agency.
- Understanding of the policy and political landscape and experience of running effective public affairs campaigns.
- Ability to plan effective campaigns and deliver high quality and engaging media and public affairs campaigns.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to distil complex information into digestible communications outputs for use across various channels.
About our Business
People in Corporate Affairs work collaboratively externally and internally to advise, influence and communicate in order to help SSE's businesses succeed, and contribute to SSE being a leading energy provider in a low-carbon world. We have a wide range of audiences we want to reach including investors, competitors, governments, partners, suppliers, communities and prospective employees, and our Corporate Affairs team builds and cultivates these relationships to help us get our story across.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on Kimberlee.Anderson@sse.com / +44 1738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.