Base Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £32,800 - £49,300 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Accountant to join the SHE Transmission Financial Control team. This is a challenging but fulfilling role which mainly requires responsibility for profit and loss activities, reporting to the Transmission Finance Manager.
Key activities include;
- Focus on month end profit and loss activities involving use of financial systems to prepare and post journals including accruals and prepayments, variance analysis and liaising with key stakeholders to provide robust commentary in the Transmission MD and Director month end packs
- Significant contribution towards budgeting and forecasting processes including a five-year model view
- Direct business partnering responsibility. This will involve engaging with a wide array of stakeholders to compile an annual budget and manage this through the course of the year via a mix of monthly and quarterly reporting
- Support in fixed assets management and accounting. This will involve asset register management and forward looking activities such as projecting future depreciation scenarios
- Responsibility for Headcount reporting. This will include working with key stakeholders to produce an accurate headcount forecast and translate this into a salary position, reporting both to the MD and Finance Director
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An appropriate accounting qualification (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA) in an equivalent role; consideration may be given to candidates in the final stage of qualification
- Experience operating in a finance role within a large organisation with experience of financial operations and business partnering with senior managers
- Experience in fixed asset accounting, including asset register upkeep and depreciation analysis
- Be pro-active and diligent in approach, be willing to undertake challenging tasks sometimes beyond your 'comfort zone' and be able to work to tight timescales, under pressure and deliver to a high standard
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Hannah.email@example.com / 01738 341 147.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?