We're looking for experienced Linespeople to join our Northern and Southern Electric Power Distribution teams.
A Linesperson is at the heart of our network, helping us to power change and this is an opportunity to develop an exciting career and further authorisations within SSE.
Base Location: Kirkwall, Orkney
Base salary: £28,831 - £39,463 depending on authorisations/experience + overtime + standby payments + an additional range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our teams are growing and achieving great results. You could be part of this exciting and challenging business that provides job security and the opportunity to develop.
SSEN are currently looking for Linespeople to join our SHE Power Distribution team. A Linesperson is at the heart of our network, helping us to power change and this is an opportunity to develop an exciting career and further authorisations within SSE. The role will include:
- Carrying out construction and repair work on all of our networks from LV up to and including 11/33kV.
- Being responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, and acting as an ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
- This role can be demanding, and you'll be required to respond quickly to emergency situations; we want to provide the best possible service to our customers in their time of need. This will involve working outdoors in all weather conditions with a requirement to undertake out of hours standby duties and short notice attendance for storm situations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A high regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority, strong communication skills and an ability to convey technical aspects in a transferable manner, enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- Being flexible to complete out of hours stand-by duties and attend short notice work in the event of severe weather.
- DNO Industry in UK or overseas recognised overhead line qualifications in LV, HV, 11kV & 33kV from a recognised training school; experience or qualification in 11kV live line working is highly advantageous however not essential.
- The following qualifications are highly desirable, however not essential to your application as training may be provided; HGV, Towing, MEWP Ticket, Pole Top Rescue / Tower Rescue, JCB 360, 180 Excavator and First Aid.
- It is an essential requirement you have a full UK driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Gerard.Doran@sse.com / 01738 344528.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
Explore our full list of benefits:
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.