We're looking for experienced Linespeople to join our Northern and Southern Electric Power Distribution teams.
A Linesperson is at the heart of our network, helping us to power change and this is an opportunity to develop an exciting career and further authorisations within SSE.
Base Location: New Forest, Hampshire, West London, Slough, Reading, Swindon, Melksham or Oxford
Salary: Circa £45,000 OTE
- Base salary £28,831 - £35,194 + overtime + standby payments
- And an additional range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our teams are growing whilst also achieving great results, and you could be part of this exciting and challenging business that provides job security and the opportunity for you to develop.
SSEN are currently looking for experienced Linespeople to join our Southern Electric Power Distribution team.
A Linesperson is at the heart of our network, helping us to power change. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidates to develop an exciting career and further authorisation within SSE.
The role will include:
- Carrying out construction and repair work on all of our networks from LV up to and including 11/33kV.
- Being responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, whilst acting as an ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
- This role can be demanding, and you'll also be required to respond quickly to any emergency situations that may arise as we want to provide the best possible service to our customers in their time of need.
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions with a requirement to undertake out of hours standby duties and short notice attendance for storm situations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- DNO Industry in the UK or overseas recognised overhead line qualifications in LV, HV, 11kV & 33kV from a recognised training school; experience or qualification in 11kV Live Line working is highly advantageous however not essential.
- A proven track record in construction, repair and operation of electrical plant and equipment.
- A high regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority, strong communication skills and an ability to convey technical aspects in a transferable manner, enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- A flexible approach to complete out of hours stand-by duties and attend short notice work in the event of severe weather.
- It is an essential requirement you have a full UK driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert.Clark@sse.com / 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
Explore our full list of benefits:
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.