We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: £64,100 - £96,100 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The purpose of this role is to partner from a Learning and Talent perspective the Networks and Distributed Energy businesses; the key elements of the role relates to having a substantial understanding of the business area(s) and applying a wide ranging knowledge of L&T solutions to meet strategic goals. In order to do so, the role holder will be an L&T subject expert gained through substantial experience.
Your key responsibilities will include:-
- Acting as the single point of contact with the business. The role works alongside the HR Business Partner and leadership team for the business area, identifying key learning needs, defining learning paths, creating a training plan based on business priorities and identifying market relevant solutions.
- Working with the senior leadership teams in order to understand the real learning needs of the business area and working with a wide range of stakeholders including the wider L&T team to collaborate on the design and delivery of the required solutions.
- L&T budget management for their business area, benefit realisation and facilitating team effectiveness sessions in cooperation with the HRBP.
- Striving to identify improvements in, or new learning opportunities that will benefit the bottom line of the business in terms of productivity, efficiency, growth, value or all of these.
- People management for the non-technical training team (c.10 people). Additionally you'll have the support of a Project Manager in order to deliver the business requirements as agreed with the relevant business areas.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:-
- Substantial experience of working at a senior level defining, designing and delivering learning solutions that are fit for purpose and support the business you are working with to deliver their strategy.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills working with key stakeholders the role also collaborates with the wider L&T team to ensure that the agreed training plan is delivered to cost and quality standards.
- Experience as a practitioner in a wide range of development tools (eg Insights and Hogan accreditations, MBTI) in order to develop and coach senior leaders as required.
- Commercially adept to select viable options in line with needs and budget as they will be accountable for ensuring L&T needs are met in line with budgets.
- Experience in managing and motivating diverse and geographically spread teams.
About our Business
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna.Jackson@sse.com / 01738 341 390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?