About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Havant, Edinburgh and Perth
Salary: Circa £85,000 + car allowance + performance-related bonus and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Lead architect facilitating analysis and design excellence, providing guidance and co-ordination for project and programme level solutions across several projects and complex programmes.
- Lead in planning, strategic thinking and evaluating options to develop, enhance and maintain business road map, Technical Reference Model and Enterprise Architecture. Supports programmes and projects, maintaining up to date understanding of relevant technology
- Supports the budget development process evaluating solutions to support decision making that will maximise the business value and optimising investment for projects, change requests and systems lifecycles
- Delivers high-level solutions and architecture models that comply with organisation, industry, and architecture standards promoting innovation making use of cloud technologies / SAAS for business agility, growth and interoperability with clients
- Act as a trusted advisor to Senior Business and Programme stakeholders on all engagements, demonstrating expertise, working effectively with key stakeholders and suppliers for confident delivery
- Develops, coaches, motivates, energises and inspires fellow team members in the application of architecture and design promoting best practice across SSE IT, overseeing the quality of the work performed and encouraging development of skills to support the business unit
What do I need?
Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience. relevant or equivalent of hands-on design and implementation experience in IT, ideally including Application development, Network design, Middleware, Servers and storage, Database management and Operations.
- Experience of operating in a process driven organisation with structured project management and architecture methods, using perspectives of situations to deliver solution architecture requirements
- Experience in multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments, Programme and Project solution architecture with practical application of standard architecture frameworks such as TOGAF and / or Zachman, business process re-engineering principles and processes, financial models and budgeting, network and data center architecture, as well as application development methodologies to include SOA, object-oriented analysis, cloud technologies, cloud services, interoperability and design
- Excellent interpersonal skills in teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Proven leadership skills
- Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning skills and the ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275 846.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?