About the Role
Base Location: Reading or Cardiff
Salary: £38,073 - £44,257 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time or Part Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
We have an exciting opportunity for Lead Smart Technical Data Analyst to join our Energy Customer Solutions business at SSE. This is an exciting time to join our Smart Team as we continue our journey to enabling a Smart platform as we accelerate towards Net Zero. As part of the role your responsibilities will include:
- Extract and interrogate data from a range of sources to understand why meters are not functioning and operating in a compliant state and Translate the business requirements into meaningful analysis and data insights and producing reports which relate to specific needs.
- Monitor & support ongoing deployment activity to ensure 3rd party MOPs are receiving accurate install data on a timely basis covering SMETS1, SMETS2, Appointment booking, enrolment and adoption, installation, commissioning.
- Support the creation and maintenance of Management & Business Information reporting templates and schedules and the running of detailed install data queries for key Programme stakeholders, including ad-hoc requests.
- Act as key point of contact for stakeholder queries relating to Smart installation queries
- Highlight risks and issues associated with installation data and proactively identify and sources mitigations
- Provides subject matter expertise on end to end commissioning processes including 3rd party adaptors and DCC processes supporting smart meter installations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Data analysis experience using MS Excel & experience of applying analytics in a logical and structured manner.
- In-depth understanding of all Smart processes covering – SMETS1, SMETS2, Appointment booking, Enrolment and Adoption, Gains process, Installation and Commissioning processes.
- Knowledge of AMT functions and processes, commissioning/firmware.
- Knowledge of Smart metering and customer focused transformation.
- Knowledge of MOP processes e.g. 3rd party installation and commissioning processes.
About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01738 340426.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.