About the Role
Base Location: Thames Valley Region (Berkshire) - Reading, Slough or West London
Salary: £45,592 - £55,653 + car allowance + operational response allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN are looking to hire a Lead Network Integrity Engineer based in Reading, Slough or West London. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of engineers delivering various portfolios of work in line with an efficient programme.
- Planning and managing Network repairs and long-term defects; ensuring optimisation of every outage by bringing together all outstanding work on a section of network.
- Ownership of planned outages, PSR’s and guaranteed standards including IIS performance and risk.
- Providing advice to colleagues and direct reports on day to day issues, enabling the Region to deliver the highest standards of customer service and meet broad measure stretch targets.
- Being financially and commercially aware to achieve maximum regulatory incentives, including CAPEX vs OPEX and an understanding of the RIIO ED2 price control.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Electrical Operational experience - LV & HV.
- Experience and/or qualification in Health & Safety (IOSHH, NEBOSH).
- HNC in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of customer service led works.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on email@example.com / 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.