- Responsible for leading a small team of Land Managers across the West & Central region of SSEN Transmission’s network area, tasked with securing, maintaining, and managing robust land and property rights over a large portfolio of projects.
- Responsible for successfully devising, co-ordinating and ensuring the successful implementation of Land Assembly Strategy in order to deliver project programmes for Large Capital Projects across Base Capex, Customer Connections and Strategic Wider Works portfolios as well as managing risk to future Network security.
- Responsible for supporting the Head of Land Assembly through an array of innovation strategies, devising and updating policy and guidance and working with key disciplines across the wider business to ensure a joined up approach to multi-disciplinary project strategy.
- Stakeholder engagement is an important element of this role, and you will have a wide array of stakeholders, both internal and external, to develop and maintain positive working relationships in relation to policy over land and property rights, access and management of land as well as the approach to securing and maintaining rights in land and dealing with matters of valuation and compensation. The main stakeholder groups include landowners, tenants, their agents and relevant bodies such as local authorities, the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit and Forestry and Land Scotland.
- Excellent understanding of landownership systems in Scotland and a practical knowledge of relevant land management matters.
- Excellent knowledge of land and property rights, including an in-depth knowledge of wayleaves, servitudes and land acquisition.
- In-depth experience of dealing with necessary wayleaves and compulsory purchase orders.
- Excellent understanding of the relevant sections of the Electricity Act 1989 and the Land Compensation Act 1973.
- Good understanding of energy networks and their structure and governance.
- Membership of the Rural Professional Group of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers, or alternatively aspirations to work towards these.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.