Base Location: Dorset, Hampshire, Oxfordshire or Wiltshire (Flexible across Ridgeway and Wessex Regions)
Salary: £45,592 - £62,405 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The key duties and responsibilities of the Lead Land Consents Manager, also known as Lead Land Agent or Lead Surveyor, will be:
- Responsible for leading, motivating and mentoring a small team of Land Consents Managers across central southern England, tasked with securing, maintaining, and managing robust land and property rights over a large portfolio of projects in our network.
- Drawing on your knowledge and experience to act as the subject matter expert on difficult queries.
- Responsible for supporting the business through an array of innovation strategies, devising and updating policy and guidance and working with key disciplines across the wider business to ensure a joined up approach to collaborative project strategies.
- Managing the preparation, negotiation and acquisition of wayleaves, easements, land purchase/lease agreements and access permissions for operational purposes.
- Stakeholder engagement is an important element of this role, and you will have a wide array of stakeholders, both internal and external, to develop and maintain positive working relationships in relation to policy over land and property rights, access and management of land as well as the approach to securing and maintaining rights in land and dealing with matters of valuation and compensation. The stakeholder groups include landowners, tenants, their agents and relevant bodies such as local authorities.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, you'll have:
- Leadership experience, or be able to demonstrate an aptitude for leadership.
- Experience in guiding, mentoring and inspiring team members.
- Excellent understanding of the relevant sections of the Electricity Act 1989 with aspirations to become a member of the RICS.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and know how best to engage with your stakeholders.
- Good time management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload.
- A full, current driving licence as you will be making site visits.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 342529.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.