About the Role
Base Location: Cardiff, Reading or Perth
Salary: £40,000 + car/cash allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As a Lead Key Account Manager you will be responsible for driving Sales Growth through Direct and TPI Sales Channels. You will take the initiative to develop business relationships with Key TPI’s to ensure that SSE Energy Solutions is in a prime position to secure energy supply business. You will also provide excellent customer service to enable strong retention rates once business is won.
- You will maximise profit and sales growth to meet business strategy goals through developing strong partnerships with TPI’s.
- Deliver on business aims and sales governance guidelines
- Ensure all TPI agreements are up to date and delivering commercially for the business
- Collaborate with key business areas to ensure appropriate support for products and campaigns are in place.
- Responsible for expanding new propositions such as CPPA, EV, and broader energy services for appropriate customers
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive knowledge of the UK power and gas markets. Experience of working within the energy industry or of working within a similarly regulated industry would be advantageous.
- Understanding of the sales metrics, including margin, profit, revenue and churn and how these are calculated.
- Demonstratable experience in large scale face-to-face and telephone consultative sales with the ability to meet demanding targets and deadlines.
- Evidence of strong customer focus with the ability to achieve high quality relationship management.
- Good understanding and application of business reporting requirements.
About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey at email@example.com or on 01738 340426.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.