SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: Highly competitive depending upon experience + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for an experienced Land Manager to join our SSE Offshore Renewables Team with the following key responsibilities:
- Responsible for devising, co-ordinating and ensuring the successful implementation of Land Assembly Strategy in order to secure onshore land rights & offshore seabed rights for our offshore developments.
- Responsible for managing outside consultants in providing advice and support on land matters to a range of offshore projects.
- Responsible for working with key disciplines across projects & the wider business to ensure a collaborative approach to multi-disciplinary project strategy from site identification and assessment phase, throughout development and during project refinement and execution stages.
- Promoting best practice and developing and maintaining positive working relationships in all aspects of land policy and landowner engagement.
- Providing advice on compensation with reference to the compulsory purchase code.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An excellent understanding of land ownership systems and land and property rights, including but not limited to in-depth knowledge of servitudes, easements and all forms of land acquisition.
- Knowledge of Compulsory Purchase Orders & Development Consent Orders.
- Excellent understanding of the relevant sections of the Electricity Act 1989 and the Land Compensation Act 1973.
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers, or alternatively aspirations to work towards these.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to be an excellent team player.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Douglas on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 275199.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.