We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net-zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net-zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Flexible Scotland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots across Scotland.
Salary: £36,836 - £48,000 + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for a Land Manager to join our Capital Development & Delivery team. This role will secure, maintain and manage a robust land and property rights portfolio of projects.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Devising, coordinating and ensuring the successful implementation of Land Assembly Strategy.
- Delivering project programmes on time and within budget for Large Capital Projects across Base Capex, Customer Connections and Strategic Wider Works portfolios, and managing risk to future Network security.
- Land negotiations on sites at different stages in the development process both early on during the site identification and assessment phase, throughout development and during the project refinement and execution stages.
- Engage with stakeholders both internal and external, to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Stakeholders include landowners, tenants, agents, and relevant bodies such as the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit, Scottish Land & Estates, the National Farmers Union for Scotland, Forestry and Land Scotland, and The Crown Estate.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent understanding of land ownership systems in Scotland and strong knowledge of land and property rights, including in-depth knowledge of wayleaves and servitudes and the relevant sections of the Electricity Act 1989
- Excellent knowledge of compulsory purchase and compensation systems, with particular emphasis on the necessary wayleave process, rural land and property compensation and of injurious affection claims
- Good understanding of energy networks and their structure and governance
- Good understanding of systems of Large Capital Projects governance
- Ideally qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline and preferably hold a Membership of Rural Professional Group of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or CAAV
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com or 01738 342871.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?