About the Role
Base Location: Highlands & Islands – we need your base location to be close to one of our offices at Inverness, Wick, Kyle of Lochalsh, Kirkwall or Stornoway
Salary: £36,260 – £49,626 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
Our Land Managers are a pivotal resource to help us create a net zero world for tomorrow, while delivering a safe, resilient and responsive electricity distribution network for all our customers. In this role you'll be responsible for securing, maintaining and managing robust land and property rights for underground cables, overhead lines and ground mounted plant on both public and privately-owned land.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Devising consents strategies to ensure our capital investment projects are delivered sustainably, on time and within budget.
- Managing risk to future network security.
- Negotiation and successful acquisition of wayleaves, servitudes, land purchases, lease agreements and access permissions.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to develop and foster positive working relationships.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience securing both voluntary and statutory consents for utility projects.
- Experience of working with key stakeholders, such as landowners, tenants, and their agents, local authorities, national agencies and the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit.
- Sound knowledge and application of relevant consents and environmental legislation.
- A full, current driving licence.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey on Stacey.Watson@sse.com / 01738 342529.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.