About the Role
Base Location: The flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. However, we will need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK on the rota's days.
Salary: £45,000 OTE + Van + Flexible payment of £60pd worked + Standby payment + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent Full Time or Part Time | Flexible First options available | 10 days on / 8 days off
As part of our internal contracting Jointer team, you will be integral in supporting the resource requirements across the South licence area and working 10 days on, with a day to recover and then having seven days off as a working pattern to support the operational teams.
A Jointer is at the heart of our network, helping us to power change. This is a fantastic opportunity for suitable candidates to develop an exciting career and further authorisations within SSE. We pride ourselves on helping individuals gain new skills, helping to support a healthy work-life balance and having great people in our teams.
As this role covers the whole of our SEPD licence area and will require you to work away from home for your rota'd days, we thought it would be only right to build in 2hrs travel on day one and day ten so you can get home safely and to recognise working away from home can be disruptive we will pay you an additional £60 per day allowance for every rota'd day plus accommodation payments.
Our teams are growing and achieving great results. You could be part of this exciting and challenging business that provides job security and the opportunity to develop. The role will include:
- Working on HV & LV Network, carrying out jointing, cabling and excavation work on a pre-planned and quick response basis
- Being responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, and acting as an ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
- This role can be demanding, and you'll be required to respond quickly to emergency situations; we want to provide the best possible service to our customers in their time of need. This will involve working outdoors in all weather conditions with a requirement to undertake out of hours standby duties and short notice attendance for storm situations.
- Acting as a strong ambassador for SSE Power Distribution, providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Identifying and implementing innovative and effective business improvements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- DNO Industry in UK or overseas recognised cable jointing qualifications in either LV, HV, 11kV or 33kV from a recognised training school.
- A proven track record in construction, repair and operation of electrical plant and equipment up to 11kV on DNO networks and should have a sound HV and LV electrical knowledge.
- Being flexible to complete out of hours stand-by duties and attend short notice work in the event of severe weather.
- Carrying out excavation of joint holes with hand tools and using a mini excavator, for which training can be provided should it be required.
- A high regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority, strong communication skills and an ability to convey technical aspects in a transferable manner, enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- It is an essential requirement you have a full UK driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.