Base Location: Poole or New Forest
Salary: £26,120 - £34,500 depending on experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours
What is the Role?
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for experienced LV & HV Cable Jointers to join our Distribution business.
1. Working on HV & LV Network, carrying out jointing and cabling work for supply restoration on a pre-planned and quick response basis.
2. As you will be working unsupervised in this role you should have a high regard for safety at all times, ensuring you adhere to all Electrical & Safety Safe Systems of work & procedures.
3. You will also act as strong ambassador for SSE Power Distribution providing excellent customer service at all times.
4. You will also have the ability to identify and implement innovative and effective business improvements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. A proven track record in construction, repair and operation of electrical plant and equipment up to 11kV and should have a sound HV and LV electrical knowledge.
2. A good understanding of sustainability and health and safety.
3. Good communication skills, both technical and non technical, be adaptable, self motivated and flexible.
4. A clean driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel and work in different locations.
5. You also need to be flexible to carry out stand-by duties and attend short notice work in the event of severe weather.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 340 128.
The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?