About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: £36,836 - £48,648 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As IT Strategic Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for sourcing the supply of IT Software, Cloud, Services and Hardware in accordance with all internal policies and procedures and external legislation, including UK Procurement Legislation where applicable. This is an excellent opportunity to join SSE at a time when we are evolving our ways of working, and developing a more agile and digital SSE for the future which meets the needs of our customers in a new way.
In this role your main responsibilities will include:-
- Supporting Category Managers as well as Procurement and Commercial Managers in day to day tactical procurement activities as well as supporting the development of both contracting and sourcing strategies.
- Ensuring the lowest total cost of ownership to the group, and robust contractual provisions to mitigate risks in contract delivery.
- Supporting relevant supplier relationship and performance management activities.
- Working with the wider Procurement and Commercial team, you'll continually drive efficiencies in sourcing and the overall process.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we'd love you to have:-
- A broad knowledge of IT markets, including various aspects of Software, Services, Cloud and Hardware, and UK Procurement Legislation, with the ability to put this into overall context.
- A good understanding of IT contracts with a strong ability to draft special terms, including dispute procedures.
- Proficient in Procurement related systems, such as Oracle, Jaggaer and Achilles Utility Vendor Database. Additionally, you'll understand the supply chain and how to improve it and look to analyse and improve procurement process to reduce unnecessary work.
- Target-focused and result-driven, you'll be able to bring about change in an energetic environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build relationships with Stakeholders and Suppliers as well as analytical and numeracy skills, with an ability to review contracts and identify commercial risk.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, IT and Telecommunication team is responsible for helping the business to procure fit for purpose goods, works and services in a timely and cost-effective way. We ensure SSE demonstrates excellent governance, protection of data, security resilience and commercial risk reduction in the acquisition of IT requirements from the market. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738344763
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?