We're proud to be a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
Base Location: Havant
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 + performance related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
In this role you will be responsible for driving the adoption of risk management framework across SSE IT. You will need to work collaboratively with our senior management across SSE IT to define, communicate and measure key risks and controls for to be maintained in line with business risk appetite. Provide assurance on the effectiveness of controls and confirm compliance with obligations. Provide key management information to enable the Group CIO and IT Leadership to make decisions. This is a key role that will support the transformation of our IT function whilst keeping us safe and as a result will have significant visibility across group IT.
- Support the implementation and operation of the Group IT Governance, Risk and Compliance framework.
- Implement and manage the IT risk management framework.
- Facilitating risk reviews to identify, quantify and mitigate IT risks.
- Regular stakeholder engagement providing advice and guidance on risk management.
- Provide assurance on the adequacy of IT controls to manage risk, provide recommendations and monitor progress to ensure controls are improved and effective.
- Involvement in risk mitigation projects as required.
- Monitor and report compliance with relevant policies, standards, procedures, legislation and regulation.
- Ensure accurate, timely and relevant reporting on IT Risks to various Risk Boards and Committees.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of delivering IT risk, compliance or assurance activities (or equivalent role)
- Experience of designing or reviewing IT processes and their controls and performing risk assessments
- Working knowledge of IT and operational risk, IT and enterprise architecture, IT strategy and IT outsourcing, service management and delivery
- Working knowledge of audit and assurance methods
- Full IT project lifecycle experience
- Industry standards, regulation and legislation knowledge
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies
Functional and Technical Skills
- Good knowledge of IT governance frameworks such as COBIT 5, ITIL, ISO31000, 27005, 38500 and their interactions
- Ability to perform Risk/Return analysis
- Ability to work in matrix environments
- Quality management
- Works in compliance with SSE Business Principles, Policies and Standards
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact 01738 275846 / David.Brickell@sse.com
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?