Base Location: West London or Theale
Salary: £32,851 - £43,385 + car/car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
This role is a key operational management role within the Region, where you'll be responsible for managing a team of operational craft people to ensure that all work is resourced effectively in line with the programme of work from the Co-ordination Centre.
- Daily, you'll manage productivity, support your team on site, co-ordinate training and compliance while ensuring that your team is always capable.
- Process site safety checks, holiday requests, sickness reviews, TOIL management, stand by changes and any other team issues. This will be achieved through making sure your team are always aware what targets are to be met and by delivering the commitments promised.
- Required to complete daily site visits with team members and prepare and attend both weekly resource and scheduling meetings. As safety is our number one priority, you'll promote our safety values at every opportunity, while still delivering a solid programme of work with little disturbance
- Monitor and drive the performance of SHE, welfare, compliance, capabilities and the training of your team. As well as this, you'll share responsibility for delivering the strategy, ensuring daily targets are understood and met, in order to ensure sustainable success by driving performance across your business area.
- Be aware of how the work is impacting the overall business plan and budget by keeping KPI's as a discussion point with your team and take the necessary steps to ensure that we are on target.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous people management experience with significant experience of leading and motivating small teams in a target driven environment that delivers projects and programmes.
- Worked in a role that has given you an understanding of the strategies to successfully support customer services in a regulated price control environment.
- Sound business knowledge and an awareness of the key stakeholders and customers in electricity distribution or a similar market sector is essential
- A team player with commercial awareness and good leadership skills, who is respectful and is a good decision maker.
- The IT skills to effectively analyse performance data and deliver formal presentations.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 340 128.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?