About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Inverness and Aberdeen
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The duties and responsibilities of the Innovation Delivery Project Manager are:
- To manage the development, delivery and deployment of Transmission innovation projects, both technical and non-technical, from their development to closure.
- Apply and adhere to the Safety Management Systems, best practices and the SSE delivery processes for all projects.
- Devise suitable project plans, meet governance requirements, manage risks, secure funding, prepare technical specifications, detailed budget and resource plans.
- Deliver projects in alignment to the SHE-Transmission RIIO-T2 Business Plan, paying particular attention to the five Business Plan goals.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Desirable engineering knowledge to degree level or equivalent experience with relevant project management qualification or experience.
- Project Budget Management or Financial Awareness, with contract management knowledge and experience.
- Understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations with safety experience.
- Knowledge and ability in MS Office Suite with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills; ensures people reach agreement and develop effective working practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory frameworks and licence obligations.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on email@example.com / 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.