Base Location: South West of England
Salary: £Competitive + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
About our Business
SSE Contracting is one of the UK’s largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors. Our portfolio of services ranges from M&E building services, Instrumentation, Rail, Street Lighting, Facilities management to HV & LV & Combined Heat and Power solutions.
This is an exciting time to be considering a career with us.
We have recently entered into an acquisition agreement with Aurelius Group. As of 1st July 2021, we will step away from SSE Group.
This partnership heralds an exciting opportunity for further growth for our business. With a strong pipeline of infrastructure projects across the UK, our people are key to our continued success.
What is the Role?
We currently have an opportunity for a HV Contracts Engineer (Renewables) to join the team, with a primary focus on the Solar/Wind industry to identify and help develop sustainable HV business opportunities, focusing on new and existing HV contract customers.
Reporting to the HV Manager, you'll be responsible for:
1. Identifying and developing sustainable HV business opportunities
2. Focusing on new and existing HV contract customers within the renewables sector
3. You'll prepare accurate estimates of net cost for HV work to enable others to develop commercial pricing and presentation. Above all you'll always practice and promote a positive safety culture which is our number one value at SSE.
4. Assist with design, estimate, plan and manage the delivery of associated work contracts
5. You will ensure HV construction projects, meet the design specification, making recommendations to customers and colleagues on the most efficient maintenance of HV networks and equipment.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. You'll be of an electrical background encompassing a range of contracting activities and be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and enthusiasm to help grow our business.
2. You will have the ability to identify, quote and manage HV contracts and will be able to negotiate with clients to secure profitable business.
3. Sound HV and LV electrical knowledge and will be familiar with all Suspension of Operational Practice, Dangerous Incident Notifications and National Defect Reports.
4. You will also have a working knowledge of the CDM regulations
5. It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence.
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our employees wide range of benefits.
We’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining us.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura.Dobson@sse.com / 0141 224 7587.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?