About the Role
Base Location: London & the South East
Salary: Competitive + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options
What is the Role?
The O&M team within SSE Energy Solutions operates many types of Heat Interface Units (HIUs). Maintaining these HIUs over their whole life in an efficient and effective manner is core to our overall Operational, Financial and commercial success. The HIU Coordinator will work closely with their colleagues across Distributer Energy to ensure our whole life operational activities are based on sound operational experience and industry best practice.
The purpose of the O&M HIU Coordinator is to support to the HIU team and to deliver on the back of house type activities needed to run an operation of this nature. This will include managing scheduling of appointments, managing the reports & job sheets, interacting with CS over comms with the customers & weekly and monthly reporting of the operation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Foster a culture of health and safety in line with the SSE safety values
- Ensure that planned and reactive maintenance is delivered in line with both customer and contractor SLA’s for the sites under your control.
- Management of job card & reports to ensure they are completed & stored correctly.
- Track that the planned preventative maintenance program is being delivered to time and specification and to track fault rates from reactive call outs.
- Tracking and ordering of critical spares the team will require.
- Report on HIU Teams performance against budget, raising PO’s & receipt all contractor invoices against planned maintenance PO's.
- Financial support for the O&M Support Manager with HIU budgets.
What do I need?
- A full UK driving licence
- Engage with your manager in reviewing your performance and planning your development.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to drive and develop the role as well as a friendly, helpful and positive manner, with an optimistic, open and flexible approach to change.
- Provide regular feedback to the team and its key stakeholders around our HIU maintenance performance.
- Communicate verbal and written information/ ideas in an effective manner.
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues working effectively as part of a team and having consideration of others’ needs and skills.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management. In order to accelerate progress towards net zero SSE Group is investing £7m a day on low carbon infrastructure, creating 1,000 green jobs a year in the process, as part of its £25bn NZAP (Net Zero Acceleration Programme).
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie.Clark@sse.com or 01738 275615.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.