About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our three Business Energy offices in Reading, Cardiff or Perth.
Salary: £51,600 - £77,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
This role sits within the Commercial function within Business Energy and focuses on managing and optimising the hedging strategy for our full portfolio of contracts. This role will involve collaboration with colleagues in the SSE group trading and forecasting functions to ensure the effective operation of our day to day commodity pricing and hedging processes, especially for our flexi customer portfolio.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Defining Hedging Strategy through the delivery of succinct and insightful hedging reporting and KPIs to allow for effective decision making and monitoring performance.
- Volume forecasting delivered through a strong working relationship with the sales team and our operational forecasting team. You will be responsible for the coordination and decision making in this area, including volume forecast strategies for out of contract portfolio and for future budgetary purposes.
- Responsibility for our commodity pricing strategy, accurate pricing methodologies and processes within our systems. You will support the product development and sales teams in developing coherent pricing strategies for any new propositions through providing deeper thinking on pricing issues, doing the right thing, and seeking future value.
- Management of a team of analysts, this role will require effective management to balance priorities and set a culture to enable improvement and innovation. You will have day to day responsibility of the team in addition to reporting and monitoring the portfolio, include updating commodity prices within our system, providing market update commentary to customers and the operation of our flexi customer trading portal.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive experience within the energy industry with a background in either pricing or hedging.
- A degree qualified in an engineering, economics or similar discipline would be advantageous.
- Exceptional communicating skills as this role will involve a strong working relationship with colleagues internal and external to the team as well as presenting complex proposals to the Business Energy leadership team and other senior stakeholders.
- Ability to engage and lead, not just a direct team but colleagues across the business.
- Operate to a professional high standard with the confidence to challenge the status quo when there are better ways to do things.
About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01738 340426.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.