We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Any UK location, although you will be required to travel c2 days per week to one of our key sites - Reading, Perth or Havant. | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: £64,100 - £96,100 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE IT is embarking on an exciting journey to embed agility into our ways of working, building capability for a digital SSE of the future which meets the needs of our customers in a new way.
This is a newly created role within our Group IT function where you'll work collaboratively with all SSE Businesses to ensure their Product Roadmaps for the Platforms are aligned with business needs, and accelerate our business whilst reducing risk.
In this role you'll be responsible for: -
- Defining, designing and implementing multi-platform strategies that consider the platform, security, organisational and financial aspects of the service we deliver.
- Managing, developing and engaging a high performing team of Product Owners, as well as creating multi-disciplinary teams to deliver the Platforms.
- Owning the newly signed contract for Device as a Service, which will modernise the delivery and build of end user devices with our 3rd party vendor.
- Working collaboratively with our IT Outsource partner to build an enduring platform team, and the required capacity to support SSE's business, managing 3rd party vendor relationships to ensure a high standard of delivery.
- Acting as key member of the IT Management team, establishing and maintaining an open, supportive and inclusive culture where people can do their best work.
What do I need?
We're seeking a candidate who has operated at a similar senior level, and can bring both technical and people skills that will ensure the successful delivery of our Platforms roadmaps.
To be considered for this role, we'd love you to have:-
- Experience of building and maintaining network and infrastructure solutions with large data sets in complex regulated environments.
- Broad knowledge of IT products, services and systems, and specifically how architecture / technology solutions fit within strategic roadmaps.
- Experience of agile processes and principles, and ability to apply these practically.
- Ability to build, motivate and engage teams, both under your own remit and within a matrix structure.
- Experience of building positive relationships and where appropriate, managing conflicting stakeholder needs, communicating and influencing effectively to find workable solutions.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna.Jackson@sse.com / 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?