SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, London or Dublin
Salary: £Competitive + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
In this role you'll take overall accountability for ensuring that all asset investment and operational decisions across our onshore wind portfolio of over 50 sites across GB and Ireland are optimised through the whole lifecycle. You’ll achieve this by working closely with Development, Construction, Asset Management and Operations teams as well as JV partners, constantly verifying outcomes against the 5 year Business Plan.
An essential element of this role will be to ensure that all asset investment and operational decisions within the portfolio are structured to ensure that no value is lost across the whole project/ asset lifecycle and that opportunities for value creation are identified and executed.
In addition to the above your key responsibilities will include:-
- Driving commercial optimisation by performing quantitative and qualitative assessments in order to understand the P&L impact of any proposed amendments and potential risk to the maintenance plan, and sharing these findings with the Ops Manager, EPM Engineering and Finance
- Ensuring all capital spend within the Onshore Wind Asset Management directorate is budgeted, forecasted and spent in line with company requirements. You'll provide commercial and investment assistance as well as input into key aspects of the Large Capital Project framework for each gate process.
- Conducting analysis on optimal revenue strategy for operational and in development assets, incorporating inputs from CPPAs, Finance and EPM
- Reviewing asset performance, and comparing against benchmarks to identify potential optimisation opportunities including further investment requirements, as well as development business cases for asset investments / divestments including detailed valuation, quantification of the investment required, and the financial analysis from Finance, with additional input from Ops Manager and Finance
- Managing, motivating and developing a diverse, multi-disciplined team, ensuring delivery against the business and contractual objectives.
What do I need?
We're looking for a candidate who can bring experience of Investment Management and leadership in an operational environment, with a high level of commercial awareness and a thorough understanding of the value drivers and operational dynamics of the Onshore Wind fleet.
To be considered for this role, we would also love you to have:
- Commercial acumen, with demonstrable numeracy skills in the context of financial performance, alongside ability to creatively identify future opportunities for growth
- An excellent understanding of industry challenges, regulatory changes, energy market factors and impact on commercial opportunities
- Ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate effectively across organisational boundaries, whilst providing leadership on critical commercial activities. This will include managing a range of key stakeholders internally and externally, including JV partners.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, capable of developing strong, sustainable business relationships
- Previous people management experience, including the ability to manage a high performance, multi-disciplined team who are geographically dispersed.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna.Jackson@sse.com / 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?