Base Location: Glasgow, Reading or London locations
Salary: Competitive + company car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | with flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Our Digital Services team is currently expanding our portfolio of services and solutions by moving into the Energy-as-a-Service. We’re targeting rapid growth in this part of the business, and beginning a transformation process, focusing on local, smart energy solutions for B2B customers.
Working for the Director of Digital Services and Strategy, the Head of Energy-as-a-Service will be accountable for positioning SSE as a provider of choice in Energy-as-a-Service. Our new platform, SSE Enhance, is an aggregation, trading and balancing platform that will form a core part of our Energy-as-a-Service proposition. You’ll be responsible for both the proposition, and the on-going operations of the platform, ensuring we remain competitive in terms of capability and cost. You will oversee the strategic direction of the platform and have P&L responsibility for its development
You’ll directly manage supporting teams, including Business Development, Commercial, Project Development, Operations and support. You’ll also play a key role in interactions with the wider business, including our trading team and will be responsible for providing direction and oversight to these teams, ensuring the 5YP and targets set by management are met.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting EaaS proposition and platform strategy, ensuring we remain competitive through pricing and innovation
- Designing and implementing business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of 5YP and business goals
- Ensuring proper governance processes followed through-out project lifecycle and properly costed/priced
- Overseeing Business Development activity to ensure opportunities are being pursued, supporting the development of these practices through partnering with Project Development Managers
- Managing and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders and partners/contractors
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring customers are satisfied with business and performance in contracts
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong energy sector experience, ideally within the Distributed Energy space
- Fundamental Project Management knowledge and qualifications
- Excellent leadership expertise where you lead from the front and drive overall team performance
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with partners, customers and stakeholders at various levels off seniority
- Detailed understanding of Distributed Energy and local integrated energy systems
- Self-motivation and a proactive working approach with the ability to deliver sound Management input both internally and externally to all levels
- Be operationally sound with excellent attention to detail
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence is required.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.:
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
Read more about our inclusion and diversity commitments here.
All applications should be submitted online, it doesn’t take long.
If you would like a confidential informal discussion about this role before applying, to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require, please contact email@example.com / 01738 342298.
I'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?