SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Madrid
Salary: Competitive + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our specialist Business Development, Strategy and Route to Market function is at the forefront of enabling our entry and growth into new markets, technologies and partnerships.
As our Renewables business grows, so does our team, and we've a newly created role for a Head of cPPA Origination, Southern Europe. In this role, you'll manage the origination and business development of cPPAs focussing on developing prospects and opportunities, corporate relationships, and managing the commercial offtake process.
Your key accountabilities will also include:
- Working in partnership with colleagues to originate, negotiate and secure cPPA contracts, through the development of new buyer relationships.
- Optimising deal structures and ensuring best practice and alignment to our strategy.
- Managing deals to execution, providing commercial leadership and ensuring on time delivery.
- Growing our potential customer database, developing early conversations and opportunities, and optimising existing relationships.
- Working with partners gather and share insight on market realities.
What do I need?
This is a senior role requiring strong commercial awareness and experience of successfully originating and developing a cPPA pipeline.
We would also love you to have:
- Experience in developing and negotiating commercial and contractual structures with senior leaders within large Corporates, building collaborative relationships based on trust and integrity.
- Experience of owning and managing the cPPA process from origination to delivery.
- Experience of financial modelling and power evaluations.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of energy markets, particularly renewables.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment with resilience, positivity and integrity.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.