Base Location: Reading / Cardiff / Perth
Salary: £64,100 - £96,100 + car/car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Director of SSE Business Energy, you will form part of the leadership team, and ensure effective leadership and management of three key areas: Credit Risk; Assurance and Regulatory Change, and Contracts and Commissions.
The Head of Commercial Operations will lead the following teams to set strategy, direction and optimise commercial performance of the business:
- Credit Risk ensures the credit worthiness and risk profile of Business Energy's customers, credit insurance management and customer insolvency processes.
- Assurance and Regulatory Change are the first line of protection to ensure the business meets and reports against its obligations under its supply licence and industry codes of practice, along with other legislative obligations, and provides the expertise from the business to inform consultation responses to regulators and government bodies.
- Commissions and Commercial Contracts manages tens of millions of pounds worth of payments to Third Party Intermediaries annually, ensuring all TPIs are on suitable contracts. In addition the contracts team provide commercial contract management expertise to support sales team negotiations, trading and market contracts, sales terms and conditions, and general commercial support to the broader organisation, as well as acting as the primary interface for Legal.
- The role holder will also work closely with colleagues to define and implement the regulatory and policy advocacy strategy.
In addition, they will lead the development of commercial agreements to support new propositions, business development products and offerings, including appropriate partnership arrangements.
As part of the leadership team the successful candidate will be expected to lead beyond the boundaries of their role, supporting large scale business transformation aligned to several key technology projects to upgrade systems, digital capability and comply with regulatory changes.
What do I Need?
Candidates for this role will require:
- Extensive knowledge in management, reporting and obligations in a complex, regulatory environment.
- Knowledge and experience of the Energy sector or similar regulated industries, with an awareness of the Regulatory and Legislative obligations applicable to an energy supply organisation.
- Excellent commercial and contractual knowledge, with a good understanding of risk management and assurance processes and compliance standards.
- Holder of a relevant degree, qualification or suitable business experience with demonstrable experience at senior management level.
About our Business
SSE Business Energy's core business is supplying energy in a reliable and sustainable way to over 500,000 business customers in the UK ranging from start-ups to large national corporates. Through leveraging the strengths of the SSE Group SSE Business Energy is able to support our customers to adopt a sustainable business approach through the provision of renewable energy, energy optimisation services and advice on how to use sustainability to drive business advantage. We work in partnership with all our customers to ensure that they are maximising the value from their energy contract and are using energy as a value generating asset that can influence better planning, greater cost control, improved working and product environments, reduced carbon footprint, stronger brand equity and more engaged staff.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342754.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?