Base Location: Ireland or UK
Salary: Competitive + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
As our Head of Brand & Sponsorship for SSE Energy Customer Solutions across GB and Ireland you will increase brand strength by solidifying and propagating an enthusiastic brand message that will resonate with our target customer segments while ensuring links through to Group Brand and Sustainability activities. You will be responsible for:
- overall SSE Energy Customer Solutions brand strategy, including brand vision, brand guidelines and style guides for the short as well as long term
- development and execution of brand creative and subsequent media buying activity maximizing return on investment
- selection, management, and oversight of creative, media buying and PR agency contracts with an annual budget of c.£6m
- planning and execution of brand and tactical communications across all relevant media channels
- the management and oversight of Sponsorship assets and the identification of new opportunities
- developing and delivering an SSE Energy Customer Solutions employee brand and communication strategy that engages our organisation
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for you to have:
- a degree qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and strong, demonstrable marketing experience in a similar environment
- commercial experience whilst demonstrating brand value to the P&L and budget management
- excellent communication skills and a proven track record in maintaining productive relationships with colleagues and external contacts
- a clear understanding of brands and the marketing mix with a high degree of business acumen
- prior knowledge of running integrated communications programmes and the ability to run sizeable projects and work streams from concept to delivery
About our Business
SSE Energy Customer Solutions is the retail arm of SSE and provides access to green energy products and solutions to over 1.2m customers across Britain and Ireland. Comprised of SSE Energy Solutions in Great Britain and SSE Airtricity in Ireland we are set apart by our ability to innovate and create partnerships providing a growing suite of 100% renewable energy products and related solutions to support customers on their journey to net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?