SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, London or Dublin
Salary: £Competitive + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
In this role you'll take overall accountability for the application of our Asset Management System and Integration of new assets, to ensure our Onshore Wind Asset Management directorate delivers all aspects of our Renewables Operating Model whilst driving a process of continuous improvement in our asset management capabilities and processes to provide the best returns from the assets we operate.
As well as supporting the real time running of the business, you will deliver medium and long term asset management systems and strategies to ensure delivery and growth of our existing assets to increase our annual EBITDA of ~£300m.
In addition to the above your key responsibilities will include:-
- Over accountability for the development of our Asset Class Strategies as well as O&M strategies for the Onshore Wind Fleet.
- Lead a multi-disciplined team, who are motivated, engaged and have the required competence, training and authorisations to complete work to a high standard and always with safety at the top of the agenda.
- Oversee the planning activities of both asset level and production planning. This includes the annual operational plan, the collation and production of output plans for all assets, the management of change process to ensure all updates are diligently applied and appropriately authorised.
- Provide oversight to ensure the effective and compliant management of all operational activities, including Grid code compliance, connection agreements, balancing mechanism, CapMech and other operational and service contracts.
- Lead an integration function that has the responsibility of providing the Operational input and obligations to the LCP framework, including setting up and delivering systems and processes for the effective hand-over of new built assets into the fleet, in the UK and Europe.
What do I need?
We're looking for you to bring a broad range of practical experience in a similar asset management role including knowledge of building and delivering strategies, the ability to interpret and discern market information to optimise plant and a good working knowledge of the electricity market, ideally renewable generation.
To be considered in this role, we'd love you to have:-
- Previous people management experience, including the ability to manage a high performance, multi-disciplined team who are geographically dispersed.
- In-depth knowledge of the technology employed across our Onshore portfolio, its capabilities, requirements and limitations and how it can be deployed on a portfolio basis to maximise income and manage risk.
- Awareness of our sector and the processes and key performance indicators required to effectively manage Renewable energy. This includes a good awareness of our industry and the appropriate systems and processes to ensure the business maintains regulatory compliance.
- Commercial awareness with a fundamental understanding of finance. This includes the ability to read and discern risk and opportunities from financial reports and accounts.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to engage with a range of internal stakeholders, influencing and negotiating as appropriate.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna.Jackson@sse.com / 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?