SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow/Perth
Salary: £44,100 to £66,100 competitive depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Full Time | Flexible First options available.
What is the Role?
The objective of the role is delivery of Group’s Annual Report and Accounts (“ARA”) and Interim Results Statement.
- The Group Statutory Reporting Accountant will work primarily on specific accounting areas for the group financial statements, including note preparation for the accounts, and work to enhance documentation and controls.
- The role involves working to tight deadlines to meet reporting deadlines as well as liaising with the external auditor and is responsible for the preparation and audit requirements of elements of the Group accounts and additionally certain subsidiary statutory accounts.
- This role involves working on the impact of key projects including corporate acquisitions and disposals on the Group’s consolidation, segment reporting and processing necessary adjustments.
- The role reports to the Statutory Reporting Manager and involves working closely with the Director of Group Reporting and other senior Finance contacts.
- To do this effectively, you will need an understanding of SSE’s markets and operations, IFRS and other relevant GAAP.
What do I need?
- Fully qualified Chartered Accountant with experience in a Financial Reporting or External Audit role, ideally with plc or relevant industry experience.
- Up to date knowledge of accounting standards and corporate governance requirements.
- Interpretative and analytical skills to assimilate complex issues into reporting and accounting solutions.
- Continuous improvement approach focusing on process efficiency.
- Ability to manage numerous complex tasks simultaneously and to work independently on complex issues.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.