About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, London or Dublin.
Salary: £competitive + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 2 x Permanent positions and 1 x 18 Month Fixed Term Contract and 1 x 12 Month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available.
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Group Compliance Operations Manager (GCOM), the Compliance Auditor will complete internal Compliance reviews which scrutinise the activities of all SSE Group business units in relation to assessing compliance with their regulatory and legislative obligations, provide compliance advice to the businesses and review business documentation to ensure effectiveness from a compliance perspective.
Your key responsibilities will include:-
- Conducting Compliance reviews either solely or as part of a team, as set out by the risk based Compliance Monitoring Programme, or ad hoc as required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of external rules and obligations (e.g. regulation, legislation) and Group policies.
- Engage with business unit representatives and 1st line assurance to ensure that compliance risks are understood and recorded.
- Communicate review findings and manage actions, both verbally and via written reports in a professional, concise and structured manner to key stakeholders at all levels.
- In order to cover the full scope of the role, you may be required to travel to business units throughout GB and Ireland.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Relevant, current Audit qualification (e.g. CIA or ICA in Governance Risk & Compliance), or working towards OR degree qualification in a relevant subject area (e.g. law, business management, financial) OR appropriate relevant experience in a similar role with the ability to competently perform end-to-end compliance reviews.
- Current knowledge of relevant business legislation and the regulatory rules that govern energy markets.
- Ability to gather, test, interpret and analyse data to support findings, and present these back in a clear, logical, structured and concise manner. A good eye for detail and ability operate in challenging situations will be key.
- Ability to operate flexibly and respond to changing business needs, as well as willingness to identify, seek out and provide resolutions to issues.
- Strong communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills will be key, with the ability to build strong relationships and maintain a network of internal business experts.
About our Business
Our SSE Markets Regulation and Group Compliance function is accountable for providing specific legislative, regulatory, industry code, and market arrangements' advice and guidance tailored to the businesses. We oversee and monitor the businesses' compliance using a risk based approach, ensuring effective controls and systems are in place and support the businesses to take corrective actions. We provide subject matter expertise and support to the management of SSE's relationships with external regulatory stakeholders, such as OFGEM.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on Kimberlee.Anderson@sse.com / +44 1738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.